Sunday 30 January 2011

\m/ WACKEN!! METAL!! WACKEN!! \m/

So, as the title says, Wacken is a metal festival. I went there in 2008 and after a lot of nagging from my ex-RRP co host Mikey T, I am going again this year. Mike purchased his ticket a while ago and in the previous week they announced they were into the last 10,000 tickets. This news + Mikes nagging + overtime pay = Wacken ticket for me :D

I didnt do any festivals last year which was a little bit upsetting as I do enjoy them. So this year I have taken the plunge and will be making the trip over to Germany once again to listen to some of the finest metal bands of this time.

However, this morning I have been sampling each of the announced bands for Wacken (there are more to come) and have got a little problem. Out of the current 64 bands that are going to be playing, I like about 60! Which is a very good thing as I am going to a festival where I will enjoy 96% of the bands. Here is a link to the current announced bands Wacken Bands....so far. Unfortunately, I will not be able to see them all. So myself and Mike will have to have a long discussion about who we will see when the times/stages are announced.

I'm very happy that I will (hopefully) be able to see Ozzy Osbourne for the first time. He wasn't on my Bucket List but I still want to see one of his shows and not pay the prices for his individual shows, problem solved.

The reason I like festivals and the whole festival season in general is it gives you the best opportunity to discover new bands and new genres of music. This year I will likely see Judas Priest, Airbourne, Devildriver, Kreator and others not for the first time but purely as I really enjoy their music. But i will also see bands I hadn't even heard of until today, i.e. Sirenia, Blowsight, Sodom etc. And for me that experience of discovering new music is just brilliant as one of my favourite hobbies/things to do is just sit back and listen to music.

If you have before or get the chance to go to a festival, do it!

And now I bid you farewell until the next time I have something unnecessary to tell you all.

WACKEN!!!!
(sorry, just a little bit excited)

No comments:

Post a Comment