Friday 1 July 2011

Peer Pressure

So this summer I'm looking forward to going to Wacken Festival in Germany and Zante. They were my holidays booked and budgeted for. Then, as happens every summer, bands began to announce their tours. Volbeat were a band I have wanted to see for ages and when they cancelled their tour last year I had to find a way of seeing them again. They have announced a set of dates which I have purchased a ticket for so that problem is solved. I saw Alter Bridge at RAR 08 and thought they were very good and would really like to see them again. So when they announced a co-headlining tour with Black Stone Cherry, that ticket was snapped up soon enough. Then I was told that Rammstein are going to be touring the UK again early next year in what will likely be a greatest hits tour, this will be attended once tickets go on sale.So after all those purchases I was very excited about the future after the summer.

I did want to go to Sonisphere this year but unfortunately had already fixed this summers excursions and was low on money. I decided that I couldn't afford to go and resided to hear about it from a number of friends who are going.

That was until a trip to the pub this week, one of my friends is now able to go and that had put a dampener on my mood as the times had been released and I had gone through a plan with Mikey, so now really wanted to go again. Our friend Hartley then told me that he was only going on the Sunday now and would be driving. So, after checking finances, I am now going to Sonisphere on the Sunday. As much as I would like to have been there on the Friday for The Big 4, the Sunday is the best day in my mind and is being headlined by Slipknot. For which might be there last tour together after the sad passing of Paul Gray.


And another band that I will be seeing when I arrive is Volbeat, I was so happy when I was informed that they were playing the Sunday and I think I will be seeing around 15 bands and comedians, which, for £80 I think is quite reasonable.
This was decided after everyone was trying to get me to go for the whole weekend and peer pressure won. Fortunately for my bank account only choosing a day ticket with easy, cheap travel.

So I am now looking forward to a week Sunday for my first festival experience since 2009 and will prepare me for the weekend in Germany.
This is a list of the activities in chronological order:
Sonisphere Sunday
Wacken Festival
Zante
36 Crazyfists
The Answer
Volbeat
Rise Against
Alter  Bridge/ Black Stone Cherry
Rammstein (hopefully)

So that's the new blog with a little insight into my summer and future of musical activities. Its a bit cobbled together but meh I hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. No Rise Against? Wish I could go to Sonisphere but it's Kats birthday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, knew there was something I was forgetting. Thanks you. But kat might be going wont she :(

    ReplyDelete